Apply for Funding

You can apply for funding (PDF) directly related to your research project. These funds can be used for "consumable" items related to your research, such as chemical reagents, single-use survey forms, and incentives for research participants. BPhil research funds cannot be used to purchase durable equipment such as computers, cameras, etc.

You need to include an itemized description of the funds you are requesting, explaining how they relate to your study. Also list other areas/departments you requested these funds from (your major department, your thesis advisor, etc.) with a statement to explain why those areas were not able to provide you with the full support you need and/or the dollar amount you have already received.

As part of your request for funding, include the name and email address of the administrator in your department who handles interdepartmental transfers of funds. (You may have to ask your thesis advisor for this information.) If your request is approved, the Frederick Honors College will transfer funds to your department for distribution to you (e.g., the purchase of items, payment of research participants, etc.).